At the Orchard we pride ourselves on providing education that is engaging and innovative. We will always consider the specific needs of our learners and understand that they have not all had the best educational experience. We aim to inspire our learners to believe in their full potential and aspire to reintegrate themselves back into mainstream education. Our tutors aim to provide motivation, support and guidance to our learners in every way possible to cater for their challenging needs.
The curriculum is all the planned activities that we organise in order to promote learning and personal growth and development within all our learners. It adheres to the formal requirements of the educational standards but also a range of extra-curricular activities that the Orchard personalised learning and nurturing centre organises in order to enrich the experience of the learners. We aim to teach learners how to grow into positive, responsible young people that can not only have a positive impact on our local community but can reintegrate themselves back into mainstream school.
“Ensuring all young people have the tools and opportunities they need to fulfil their potential regardless of background or life experiences.”
Our curriculum is underpinned by the values that we hold dear within our provision. The curriculum is the means by which the PLNC achieves its objective of educating learners in the knowledge, skills and understanding that they need in order to lead fulfilling lives.
These are the main values of our provision, upon which we have based our curriculum:
- We value the way in which all learners are unique and our curriculum promotes respect for the views and opinions of each individual, as well as for people of all cultures. We value the spiritual and moral development of each person, as well as their intellectual and physical growth.
- We value the importance of each person. We organise our curriculum so that we promote co-operation and understanding between all.
- We value the rights enjoyed by each learner. We respect each learner in our provision for what they are, and we treat them with fairness and honesty. We aim to enable each person to be successful, and we provide equal opportunities for all the learners in our school.
- We value our environment, and we aim, through our curriculum, to teach respect for our world, and how we should care for it for future generations, as well as our own.
- We value and respect all of our learner’s diverse backgrounds and aim to not discriminate against their beliefs or hardships but only strive to reengage and support each learner to reach their full potential.